Index Pg. 1
Author Cynthia MacGregor
forwards this gem from a newsletter she receives:
10 REASONS WHY BREAD IS DANGEROUS
- More than 98 percent of convicted felons are bread users.
- Fully HALF of all children who grow up in bread-consuming households
score below average on standardized tests.
- In the 18th century, when virtually all bread was baked in the home,
the average life expectancy was less than 50 years; infant mortality rates
were unacceptably high; many women died in childbirth; and diseases such as
typhoid, yellow fever, and influenza ravaged whole nations.
- More than 90 percent of violent crimes are committed within 24 hours
of eating bread.
- Bread has been proven to be addictive. Subjects deprived of bread and
given only water to eat, begged for bread after as little as two days.
- Bread is often a "gateway" food item, leading the user to "harder"
items such as butter, jelly, peanut butter, and even cream cheese.
- Bread has been proven to absorb water. Since the human body is more
than 90 percent water, it follows that eating bread could lead to your body
being taken over by this absorptive food product, turning you into a soggy,
gooey, bread-pudding person.
- Newborn babies can choke on bread.
- Bread is baked at temperatures as high as 450 degrees Fahrenheit!
That kind of heat can kill an adult in less than two minutes.
- Most American bread eaters are utterly unable to distinguish between
significant scientific fact and meaningless statistical babbling.
Note from Bess: keep the above in mind whenever ANYONE quotes
statistics of any kind. There's far more junk science and manipulated math
around being utilized as true factual data than most people realize.
Index to more Humor