Index Pg. 1
Son Mark (Zog to his friends) tells us about a
contest in which one little letter makes a difference.
The Washington Post's Style Invitational once again asked readers to take any
word from the dictionary, alter it by adding, subtracting, or changing one
letter, and supply a new definition. Here are this year's winners:
- Intaxication: Euphoria at getting a tax refund, which lasts
until you realize it was your money to start with.
- Reintarnation: Coming back to life as a hillbilly.
- Bozone (n.): The substance surrounding stupid people that
stops bright ideas from penetrating. The bozone layer, unfortunately, shows
little sign of breaking down in the near future.
- Foreploy: Any misrepresentation about yourself for the
purpose of getting laid.
- Cashtration (n.): The act of buying a house, which renders
the subject financially impotent for an indefinite period.
- Giraffiti: Vandalism spray-painted very, very high.
- Sarchasm: The gulf between the author of sarcastic wit and
the person who doesn't get it
- Inoculatte: To take coffee intravenously when you are
- Hipatitis: Terminal coolness.
- Osteopornosis: A degenerate disease. (This one got extra
- Karmageddon: It's like, when everybody is sending off all
these really bad vibes, right? And then, like, the Earth explodes and
it's like, a serious bummer.
- Decafalon (n.): The grueling event of getting through the
day consuming only things that are good for you.
- Glibido: All talk and no action.
- Dopeler effect: The tendency of stupid ideas to seem
smarter when they come at you rapidly.
- Arachnoleptic fit (n.): The frantic dance performed just
after you've accidentally walked through a spider web.
- Beelzebug (n.): Satan in the form of a mosquito that gets into
your bedroom at three in the morning and cannot be cast out.
- Caterpallor (n.): The color you turn after finding half a grub in
the fruit you're eating.
- And the pick of the literature: Ignoranus: A person who's
both stupid and an a**hole.