Post Your Recipe
Food & Health:
Morph your Food
How To Do It
Thought for the Day
Hints & Ideas
Work From Home
Earn as an Affiliate
The Way We Were
Fun & Games:
About the Author
Can Dogs Help Us Eat Better?
From ancient times dogs have benefited human beings.
They participated in hunting; they guarded, protected, carried and
Dogs still do all these things, plus they guide the blind,
alert the deaf to noises, warn of impending epileptic seizures, assist the
crippled, comfort the ill, depressed or institutionalized, diagnose melanoma,
locate people buried in avalanches, earthquakes or bombings, and find contraband
such as drugs, explosives and illegally transported agricultural products.
On farms they guard the sheep, round up cows, eradicate vermin, herd and guard.
like to work.
For most of us, however, dogs fulfill more mundane
- Dogs are natural bootlicking sycophants, therefore
making sure someone adores you.
- Dogs do a lot of disgusting personal hygiene,
therefore allowing us to get shouting out of our systems. ("If you're
going to do
that, do it outside!")
- Dogs alert us to intruders. ("No! No!
That's the refrigerator repairman. Come baaaack!")
- Dogs help us get up early. ("Nooooo,
not yet. Hold it for a while, please! Oh, darn!")
- Dogs help us get to know our neighbors. ("Don't get
so hot under the collar! I'll be right back with the
- Dogs bring us things, therefore adding decorative
tooth-marks to items like slippers and the newspaper.
- Dogs alert us to the presence of nasty things in our
yard. (Phew!! What did you roll in?)
- Dogs are always there for us. ("Do you always
have to lay in the doorway? Moooove!")
- Dogs help us budget our money. ("The
vaccinations and worming cost how much?")
- Dogs help us eat a healthier, tastier diet.
Wait a minute! How in the world can dogs help us eat
Page 1 |