vegan or vegetarian diet is a daunting although do-able task.
I'm fond of telling people "you can't fool Mother Nature". You can of course; get a free coupon and try this new product.
When I was a pre-teen, a courageous lady taught us how to make Dump Soup.
Keeping children healthy and well nourished on a vegan or vegetarian diet is a daunting task. See Vegetarian Guidelines.
Got the munchies? Here's a helpful list of healthy snacks from AvMed.
Looking for a safer Halloween? See the history of this holiday and ways to make it safer and much more fun for you and your family.
A hint for healthier eating from Michele in Massachusetts: "When I make lasagna I use whole wheat lasagna noodles and nobody can even tell underneath all the sauce. It tastes the same but healthier. I also use low-fat cottage cheese, and I add one egg and lots of fresh parsley in the cheese mixture. My lasagna is delicious and no one notices the cheese or noodle switch."
Food for Tots.
When human beings lived communally (and where they still do) teaching a baby to
eat throughout it's first years was a snap. Now it's a lot more complicated.
Here's some help.
* See some smart hints and suggestions from Mum in Kelseyville, California.
* Play Dough: well, it's a recipe, only inedible. Come to think of it, we all (myself included) have cooked something inedible from time to time.
* So you're on a diet- you're being good. But you're a chocoholic, and that's a temptation you have trouble resisting. What to do? A surprising answer.
* If you make biscuits or scones with self rising flour, use plain flour to dust the kneading board and cutter. Self-rising flour on the outside will give the crust of the biscuit a bitter taste.
* Easiest way to peel garlic is to cut off the tough end of a clove with a sharp paring knife, then give it a good whack to squash it slightly. The paper skin will slip right off.
Go Top | Home | Contact Us | Add a Link | Affiliates | Links | SiteMap | Our Policies
Avon | Fuller Brush | Stanley Home | Tupperware | Watkins
All About | Arts | Contributors | Crafts | Forum | Freebies | Freeze It! | Fru-Gal | Fun & Games | Glossary | Go Green | Holidays | Horoscope | How to Do It | Humor | Ideas | Inspirations | Lottery | Music | News | Newsletters | People | Pets | Poetry | Recent Postings | Recipes | Recipe Categories | Security | Stories | Translate | Weather | 10.Commandments | 20th Century
The Sneaky Kitchen
WebSite by Bess W. Metcalf Copyrightę April 1999 - 2013