Index to more 10
Post Your Recipe
Food & Health:
Morph your Food
How To Do It
Thought for the Day
Hints & Ideas
Work From Home
Earn as an Affiliate
The Way We Were
Fun & Games:
About the Author
... for Canceling Out Calories
- If you eat something but no one sees you eat it, it has no
- If you eat something directly from the container while
standing in front of the open refrigerator or freezer, it doesn't count.
- When you eat with someone else, calories don't count if you
eat less than they do.
- If you drink a diet soda with a dessert, the calories in the
dessert are cancelled out by the diet soda.
- Calories in movie related foods - such as Milk Duds,
Buttered Popcorn, Junior Mints, Red Hots, and Tootsie Rolls - are never counted, because
they are part of the entire entertainment package and are not part of one's personal fuel.
- Cookie pieces contain no calories. (The
process of breaking causes calorie leakage.) Additionally, due to the fact
that calories are not formed in cookies until the baking process is in
effect, if you eat the cookie dough, you can deduct the equivalent number of
calories it would have been had the cookies been baked.
- Things licked off knives and spoons have no calories if you
are in the process of preparing something. Examples are peanut butter on a knife
while making a sandwich and ice cream on a spoon when making a sundae.
- Foods that have the same color have the same number of
calories. Examples are: spinach and pistachio ice cream; mushrooms and white
chocolate. Chocolate is a universal color and may be substituted for any other food
- Food that is icy cold uses calories to heat it up; therefore
a large dish of cold ice cream will burn as many calories as it provides. This is a documented fact.
- Food eaten for medicinal purposes NEVER count, such as hot
chocolate, brandy, toast and Sara Lee Cheesecake.
Note: some of these rules were found at
Educational Publications. (Please don't take them