Preserving your Carpet and
Reducing Airborne Particles
General Carpet and Rug Care: Regular carpet cleaning
is important for appearance and wear. Unless removed, sharp particles
of grit can become embedded and slice carpet fibers. Use a carpet
sweeper to pick up daily dirt, crumbs, hair, etc. every day, or
when spills or tracked in soil occurs.
Which Sweeper Should I Use: For normal use, the
Electrostatic Sweeper # 101 is preferred, with its boar bristle rotor
brush. If the sweeper will be used in an area with long hairs,
threads or sticky material such as dropped food, the Workhorse Sweeper
# 100 is a better choice, with its washable vinyl rotor brush.
Improving the Efficiency of Your Carpet Sweeper:
If the sweeper tends to miss fine lint or dust, try dampening the brush
- After every use of the # 101 Carpet Sweeper,
empty debris picked up
- Comb out the rotor brush of the # 101, to remove string or hair, which could mat down and
damage the bristles.
- If using the Workhorse # 100, wipe the vinyl
blades to clean before storage. If the rotor becomes very soiled,
remove and wash with a mild cleaning solution and warm water.
- Rotor Brushes will last longer if you hang the
sweeper between uses. It will swivel to lay flat against the wall.
- If sweeper stops picking up altogether, check
condition of rotor brush, and replace if needed for years more of service.
- The Vinyl and the Boar Bristle Rotor Brushes
are interchangeable between the # 101 Electrostatic Sweeper and the
# 100 Workhorse Industrial Sweeper.
- Handle # 902 and Bail # 903 can be used on either
the # 101 Electrostatic Sweeper and the # 100 Workhorse Industrial Sweeper.
- Corner brushes are not replaceable. Although
helpful in picking up debris along edges of the room, they are not necessary
for operation of the sweepers.
- Clean hairs and threads out of the rotor
brush after every use, to preserve the
bristles. If you lose your sweeper comb, you can use a pocket
comb or other small comb.
# 964 Replacement Rotor Brush for the
# 963 Replacement
Vinyl Rotor for the Workhorse Sweeper